Sticks and stone may break my bones...but then again they will heal with time if set right...but words can eat at me for years.
Sorry if my blogs tend to be negative, but I feel no need to write unless I'm confused or needing to vent these days! If things are going well then no blogs are written. But I guess this is kind of good?
So I've never really thought about my appearance much (just like I never really noticed race until middle school), and tended to wear whatever. But after much discrimination over the past what feels like year? I've started to conform.... Ever since I came to college I put a little more effort into my clothes (I actually take 5 minutes to look for something instead of just putting on whatever I grab) but this is still nothing in comparison to most other girls I guess? So after being teased about looking like a grandma, wearing baggy clothes, having no sense of fashion....my heart started to take it a little hard. I looked at other girls who do dress "nice" (insert envy) and thought that maybe they were somehow more important, were more attractive, or had more worth than me. After all who wants to hangout with a girl who looks all mismatched? It's embarrassing right?
Eh?!? I can't believe I even got caught up in those thoughts! I've never really struggled with appearance or body image because I think everyone's beautiful, and not to sound conceited but I love the body God gave me! Sure it came with collapsing arches and other things I have to deal with but overall I'm blessed to have 10 finger, 10 toes, and for the most part a functioning body. And beyond all that there's a heart, and person unique from everyone. Not just me, but each and every girl and guy out there so unique and beautiful in their body type, character, and yes fashion sense (or lack thereof) haha!
So after further review I decided if I wanted to wear nice things it would be because I wasn't trying to please others. Nor trying to please myself (vanity). There are things I could wear that would make me look nice, but I tend to not wear them. Why? I feel more down to earth and more available to a wider range of people when I dress shabby I guess. After all it's the people who dress nice and seem to have it all together that scare me the most. Soooo assuming there are others out there like me, looking for someone who appears to be a simpleton, who cares nothing about dress code but the heart...I'll keep wearing my baggy shirts and mismatched hand-me-down cloths :D
No comments:
Post a Comment